Associate Professor, Tomasz Sobów, M.D. PhD
Graduate of the Medical Academy in Łódź (1990), 2nd-Degree Specialization in Psychiatry (since 1997), Doctor of Medical Sciences (1995), habilitation (2005), an associate professor at the Medical University in Łódź (since 2008). Specialist Courses in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry at the Universitat Rechts der Isar (Munich, Germany) and Universite de Liege (Belgium).
His professional interests include mood disorders (especially bipolar disorder and treatment-resistant depression, psychotic disorders and dementia, especially those that involve behavioral disorders and psychotic symptoms). He works with neuropsychiatric patients, persons with neurological disorders (Parkinson's disease, Huntington disease, epilepsy, migraines and others) who also suffer from problems of mental nature, such as depression and psychosis.
He was the Head of the General Psychiatry Department (1997-2000) and has been the director of the Geriatric Psychiatry Department (from 2000 on) at the psychiatric clinic in Łódź. He has been a director of the Medical Psychology Unit at the Medical University in Łódź (from 2008 to date).
Scope of expertise
• bipolar disorderp
• treatment-resistant depression and psychosisp
• mental disorders in patients over 60p
• cognitive impairments, also the ones involving behavioral disordersp
• dementia, mental retardation (including Down syndrome) in adultsp
• mental disorders in patients diagnosed with neurological disorder (Parkinson's disease, Huntington disease, epilepsy, migraine, stroke, multiple sclerosis)
"I would recommend Professor Sobów to any patient who is struggling with mental problems. He is an excellent psychiatrist."